Saturday, May 30, 2009

How to read 300+ Articles a Day

A great new tool from Google is called, “Google alerts” and it is in beta form. To keep up to date with all new technological trends and new businesses requirements I read on average 300 articles per day. Now there would be no way I could imagine to read so much if I had to waste my time searching for the content so I have turned to Google alerts for the much needed help. Google alerts is like having a research team behind you looking for the data you require to read. I read to keep myself much further ahead of my competition. Reading allows me to keep my skills professionally generalist enough to work on any type of technology project but here is the important part…..Coupled my reading with my 15 years experience of business experience working on $$$$ Billion dollar networks managing $$$ multi-million dollar projects I enjoy the confidence that I know enough subject matter in all technology fields that I can maintain a sense of calm and clarity my customers require from their “Computer Guy”. Now my experiences have molded me to who I am…but who I will become is directly related to the knowledge I acquire moving forward and having a tool such as Google Alerts is just what the doctor ordered.


Here is what Google alerts do for you:
Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic.Some handy uses of Google Alerts include:
  • Monitoring a developing news story
  • Keeping current on a competitor or industry
  • Getting the latest on a celebrity or event
  • Keeping tabs on your favorite sports teams

To create your own Google alert go to:
http://www.google.com/alerts

No comments:

Post a Comment